a nonprofit 501 (c)(3) Organization
Our mission is to improve the lives of Veterans and First Responders with PTSD, through the use of highly trained service dogs, while providing compassionate education to assist in their recovery
Four Paws To Freedom arises from the experience of a small group of military veterans with PTSD who have gained personal freedom through the company of a trained service dog. All the founders worked with the same talented person who has trained service dogs for people who find that PTSD inhibits their ability to live productively. That trainer, Terry Sandhoff, has helped dozens of military veterans, first responders, and victims of childhood or other abuse. They have been able to end their self-imposed isolation and gain the courage to face scary situations - because they are accompanied by a trusted and well-trained service dog who 'has their back.'
· I will be kind to, and respect everyone including myself.
· I will work on appropriate boundaries for myself and respect those of others.
· I will work hard knowing that I will get out of this training only what I put into it.
· I will work to build healthy relationships with others even when it is difficult.
· I will practice good listening skills.
· I understand that I am accountable for all my actions.
· I will be thankful for what I have.
· I will practice not judging myself harshly.
· I will practice using appropriate communication skills.
· I will give back by using my talents for good works in my community, as I am able.
4 Paws 2 Freedom encompasses people of all races and creeds. We are both united and strengthened by our differences. We are inclusive of all and stand firmly against racism and discrimination whether on the basis of age, class, cultural beliefs, disability, gender, race, religion sexual orientation or any other discriminating factor.
4 Paws 2 Freedom is committed to ensuring our diverse, inclusive and equitable culture is built on a strong sense of belonging, where everyone feels seen, heard and encouraged to show up as their authentic self.
Copyright © 2021 4 Paws 2 Freedom - All Rights Reserved.